Chocolate – beware!

We are already getting cases of dogs who have fallen ill because they have started to tuck into the Christmas chocolates!

Please keep chocolate out of reach of your family pet. Chocolate can lead to vomiting, increased heart rate, agitation, seizure, and, occasionally, death. Treatment for chocolate poisoning varies on the amount of time that has passed since it was eaten.

The dog may be given medicine to induce vomiting and activated charcoal to stop further absorption of the toxic substance. The dog may then need fluid therapy and further medication to combat toxic effects on the heart.

Please contact us if you have any concerns.

By | 2017-12-22T17:54:28+00:00 December 22nd, 2017|Dogs|

Crossways Veterinary Group offers 3 convenient locations within West Sussex.

Call your nearest branch today to arrange a consultation.



  • 01903 743040
  • 43 School Hill, Storrington,
    West Sussex, RH20 4NA

  • Weekdays: 8.30am - 6.30pm*
    Saturday: 9am to 12pm
  • *Some evenings open to 7.30pm


  • 01903 816428
  • 2 High Street, Steyning,
    West Sussex, BN44 3GG

  • Weekdays: 9am - 6.30pm
    Saturday: 8.30am to 12pm


  • 01903 877325
  • 179 Findon Road, Findon Valley,
    West Sussex, BN14 0EP

  • Weekdays: 9am - 6.30pm
    Saturday: 9am to 12pm