Original article can be viewed here.

Updated DEFRA advice on taking pets abroad

Pets will be able to travel to the EU using their current EU pet passport until the UK leaves the EU.

No further checks or tests are required. Any Animal Health Certificates (AHCs) that have already been issued for travel from the UK to the EU and back are valid for:

  • A single trip
  •  Up to 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU
  • Onward travel within the EU for four months after the date of issue, or until the date the
    rabies vaccination expires
  • Re-entry to the UK for 4 months after the date of issue provided that the rabies vaccination does not lapse (a booster whilst in the EU would maintain the validity of the AHC for return travel to the UK only)

Please visit Gov.UK guidance on ‘Pet Travel to Europe after Brexit’ for the latest information.